Are you in the market for a new vacuum, and you’re wondering about canister vacuums?
Don’t worry: we’ve got you covered. A canister vacuum has a body that typically rests on the floor and comes with a floor tool/hose component. Let’s break down the differences with a list of pros and cons.
- They’re small and lightweight. Which means there’s no need to drag a heavy upright vacuum cleaner around when you can grab a canister and quickly move from room to room.
- Most models come equipped with wheels, so they follow along with you as you clean.
- They’re mighty – canister vacuums often have stronger suction power than most uprights, so you’ll get a deeper clean.
- They’re typically quiet, so you don’t have to worry about scaring the baby or the dog!
- They often come with tool attachments that help clean things like stairs, blinds and upholstery.
- They can be a pain to store because they have multiple pieces.
- Due to the two components – the body and floor tool/hose – you must manage juggling both at the same time while in use.
- Since the body sits on the floor, bending and reaching is certainly involved.
Check out our very own Simplicity Jill Canister Vacuum here: https://www.simplicityvac.com/product/jill-canister-vacuum-cleaner.